Download the PDF - Resuming_Worship
RESUMPTION OF ONSITE WORSHIP - OLD HICKORY CHURCH OF CHRIST
The elders have developed a three-phased approach for resuming worship services at our building beginning on Sunday, June 7, 2020. This plan was developed within guidelines provided by state and local government and the Center for Disease Control. While we cannot predict the end of the pandemic or the availability of effective treatments or vaccines, we will continue to monitor available data and adjust our plans as needed to align with local conditions and to ensure the health and safety of our members and visitors.
Realizing that the level of concern surrounding COVID-19 may differ from member to member, our hope is that each of us will look not only to our own interests, but also to the interests of others, humbly counting others more significant than ourselves for this is the essence of Christlikeness (Philippians 2:1-5).
PHASE ONE: Onsite Sunday Morning Worship
During Phase One, we will return the Sunday morning worship service to our campus. There will continue to be no onsite evening services or Bible classes at this time. While we all eagerly look forward to being able to gather again at the building for worship, to best ensure the health and safety of all members those with the following conditions are encouraged to continue participating in online worship services for the time being:
- You have tested positive for COVID-19
- You have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- You are experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or a sore throat
- You have had a fever in the last 48 hours
- You have experienced a sudden loss of your sense of smell or taste
- You have had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours
- You have traveled to a known hot spot during the last 14 days
Additionally, if you are aged 65 or older or have other underlying health conditions or concerns, continuing to join in worship online is recommended during Phase 1. As all attendees will be expected to wear protective masks for the time being, it is also recommended that members with infants and small children continue joining our worship online at this time.
Other items to note during Phase One:
- The building will be cleaned prior to worship with all potential contact points wiped with disinfectant. The best available products and technology will be utilized to ensure a safe environment.
- Members should attempt to park their vehicles in every other parking space wherever possible. No valet service will be available at this time.
- Members should enter at the front of the auditorium. For members who need to avoid steps, the 10th Street side door opening into the main auditorium will be available. The door under the drive through awning facing 11th Street will also be open. All other doors will be locked, including the doors facing Hadley Avenue.
- Ushers will wear gloves and open doors to enable members to avoid contact with door handles.
- All members and staff will wear masks upon entering the building. Masks will be available for those not having one.
- Greeters will wear gloves and masks. Announcements will be projected on the screens before and after worship and/or read aloud at the conclusion of worship services.
- Each member will receive a pre-packaged communion kit in a Ziplock bag. Please place the used container in the Ziplock bag and place in a trash receptacle as you exit the building.
- Contributions may be made by the following methods:
- Baskets will be attended at both front welcome stations for you to make your contribution before or after the service
- Electronically, by mail or Saturday drop off from 1-3 pm.
PHASE TWO: Addition of Sunday Evening Services - SEE UPDATE - June 24, 2020
Based on guidance from state and local officials and status of COVID-19 spread, the congregation will resume Sunday evening worship services at a date to be determined. During Phase 2, the safety recommendations from Phase One will be continued. Our ability to proceed with Phase Two is contingent on a period of time with no confirmed positive cases within the congregation and no change in local conditions such as significant increase of positive cases and spread of the virus.
PHASE THREE: Addition of Bible Classes (Sunday and Wednesday)
Based on guidance from state and local officials and the relaxing of social distancing, Bible classes will resume at a time yet to be determined. Additional information will be issued closer to the beginning of Phase Three.