Few themes are stressed more often in the Bible than helping those who are facing difficulties. We share the love of Christ by offering assistance through a variety of programs and special activities.
When a natural disaster strikes, Churches of Christ Disaster Relief swings into action. Operating out of a modern warehouse on Allied Drive in Nashville, this group sends relief supplies to victims of tornadoes, floods, forest fires, ice storms, hurricanes, etc. $7,643,906 of relief supplies have been provided as of December of 2019.
As a congregation, we financially help fund operating expenses and furnish volunteers to pack food boxes and load trucks.
For more information: www.disasterreliefeffort.org
Since 2000 we have published a newsletter designed to offer encouragement and information regarding building healthy families. Articles deal with marriage, parenting, grandparenting, step families and more. Currently this free publication is mailed to about 600 homes every two months.
Contact us to receive a free subscription.
Our Commitment to Families
- We believe your family is important to God, and we want to assist you in building healthy relationships.
- We offer special age-appropriate classes from infants to adults.
- Our Sunday evening Bible Hour Program allows youngsters to share in an interactive learning setting,
while adults are free to worship.
- Our youth program is designed to support parental leadership and build family unity.
- Religious based counseling is available as is referral for professional relational help.
With the help of our local elementary school, we select several families for whom we furnish gifts for every family member.
Among a variety of ongoing projects, we collect snacks for the Intensive Care Waiting Room at Summit Medical Center and supplies for the Women’s Prison in Nashville.
School Supply Giveaway
This fall we donated 350 back packs of school supplies for DuPont Elementary. We also presented bags of supplies to all the teachers for use in their classrooms.